With the transition to virtual Presbytery meetings, the fellowship dimension of Presbytery life has been impacted. For many, a highlight of Presbytery meetings had been the chance to get to know people from other churches at the dinner table. In an effort to provide social and connectional opportunities as a Presbytery the Relationships Working Group of the Healthier Congregations Coordinating Team developed a series of social gatherings to meet this need. These events are not just for Pastors and Elder Commissioners—they are for everybody in the Presbytery of Genesee Valley! All ages, too.
Upcoming Fellowship Events in 2024:
Recent & Past Events:
- July 15, 2023: Summer Gathering at Hurd Orchards, Holley, N.Y. PHOTOS
- May 31, 2023: Retired Clergy & CPs Luncheon, East Avon, N.Y.
- February 4, 2023: Family Winter Fun Day at Ellison Park, Rochester, NY – PHOTOS
- October 27, 2022: Retired Clergy & CPs Luncheon, Gates, NY – PHOTOS
- October 15, 2022: Ganondagan Historic Site Fall Gathering, Victor, NY – PHOTOS
Have an idea for a future event like this–it could be for fun, for mission, or for learning, or elements of all three.
Interested in helping plan the next gathering?
Contact Jim Renfrew, chair of the Relationships Working Group.