Grants & Scholarships
We are excited to share prayer and financial resources to support the work of congregations as they seek to respond faithfully and creatively to today’s needs. Once again, we invite applications for one of these four (4) grants:
- The Congregational Vitality Grant is focused on supporting congregations trying to live into something that is very new to them, and seeks to engage their church with a way, place, people, or ministry that they have never engaged before. Congregations are invited to dream new dreams, imagine new ways, and begin new initiatives that lead to the development, redevelopment, and renewal of congregational life.
- The Coaching for Sessions and Leader Grant is aligned with the vision of building healthy, vital, and sustainable leaders. Grant funds may be used for intentional coaching support for a Session and Leader. Up to three (3) church Sessions and their leader may be eligible to apply. The grant monies provide for 6 team-coaching opportunities for the Session and 6 leader opportunities, from a certified coach from our Synod’s Coaching Network. The coach comes alongside the leader and session to assist in clarifying a vision, goals and implementation that they identify.
- The Collaborative Ministry Grant is intended to encourage relationship-building and intentional partnerships that serve the people of our local communities in Christ-like ways.God works through community and relationships, especially in challenging times. Thus, Collaborative Ministry Grants aim to promote ministry connections between PGV congregations or Neighborhoods with one or more community agencies, faith communities, or other local entity. These grants are intended to support authentic partnerships between those working together on a common ministry for God.
- The Peacemaking Grant is awarded to congregations, organizations, or individuals who are, in some way, working toward restorative justice and addressing oppression. These grants are intended to encourage members and congregations to become more involved in the wholeness and wellbeing, (Shalom) of their communities.
Funds for the grants are available through the generosity and commitment of our PGV congregations and are used for purposes of the kingdom. Please note that churches are not eligible for a new grant if they have not submitted the final report for a previous grant. Be sure to use the application form provided and answer each question thoroughly.
- Application for 2023 “SECOND CHANCE” Congregational Vitality Grant – Deadline: September 15, 2023
- Application for 2023 “SECOND CHANCE” Coaching for Sessions Grant – Deadline: September 15, 2023
- Application for 2023 “SECOND CHANCE” Collaborative Ministry Grant – Deadline: September 15, 2023
- Application for 2023 Peacemaking Grant – Rolling acceptance throughout the year
Tools and Training Working Group awards scholarships up to $500 in support of the continuing education of members (clergy and laity) of the Presbytery of Genesee Valley. Available funds may be limited.
As part of the covenant, scholarship recipients are expected to forward a one-page summary of their learning experience, including its application to their Session and to Tools and Training Working Group.
Additional Grants & Scholarships
- Continuing Education Grants/Scholarships (clergy & laity)
- Ministry Candidates Aid and Financial Aid Form
- Presbytery Emergency Aid Fund for minister members, commissioned pastors, certified Christian educators & Presbytery staff
- Synod of the Northeast Grants
- Synod Coach Network Scholarships for Individual & Team Coaching/Coaching Training 2023
- Presbyterian Mission Agency Grants