Bethany Presbyterian Church | 431 Wayne St., Bethany, PA 18431 | 570-253-6316
The Bethany Presbyterian Church is currently seeking a full-time solo pastor. We are a small PC USA affiliated church located in the Borough of Bethany, Pennsylvania. Nestled between both the Pocono Mountains and the New York Catskills, there are plenty opportunities for recreation. Visit our website to learn more about our church and the beautiful rural area surrounding it.
General Description of Responsibilities:
The Pastor is the spiritual leader for the church. He/she is responsible for teaching the Bible, administrative leadership, administering sacraments, providing congregational care and serving as the face of the church to the community.
- Conducts worship service that inspires and challenges the church family, gives special messages related to special holidays of the year and nourishes the spiritual life of the congregation.
- Participates in Christian educational programs (adult & children) and visits the sick, the shut-ins and nonmembers as requested.
- Conducts weddings, funerals, confirmation classes, new member assimilations, premarital counseling, and offers counseling sessions.
- Leads the session and congregation in the development of effective programs for community outreach to members and nonmembers of the church.
- Plays an active role to direct and administer church programs as moderator of session, motivated by the mission statement of the congregation.
- Teaches, encourages and supports the church’s committees and volunteer leader
- Serves as administrator with the personnel committee to develop job descriptions, policies, procedures and personnel performance evaluations of the paid church staff.
- Works with the finance committee to develop a yearly budget.
- Serves the wider church by participating in appropriate ecumenical and civic events.
- Helps coordinate the daily workload of the church.
- At least once yearly visits all church members at their home.
- Baccalaureate Degree from an accredited institution with a Master of Divinity or equivalent required, accepted by Presbytery.
- Should have strong oral, written and multimedia communication skills.
- Must have the following attributes: self-motivation, spiritual maturity, effective decision-maker, patience, good judgment of character and diplomacy.
- $60,000. Basic Salary (without manse)
- Housing Allowance
- Major Medical Pension
- Social Security Supplement
- Health Reimbursement Allowance*
- Auto/Travel Expenses*
- Vacation** – one month of 30 days, which includes 4 Sundays, one week of which can be carried over.
- Continuing Education** – 2 weeks including 2 Sundays cumulative up to 6 weeks with session permission
* Reimbursable via voucher ** Approved by Personnel Committee and Session
If applicants are interested in this position, please include your Personal Discernment Profile Form.