Union Presbyterian Church is looking for a part-time Sunday School Coordinator, responsible for working with our Christian Education Commission (CEC), pastor, and other Sunday School Teachers for the education of our children and youth, to bring them closer to Jesus Christ.
- Assist our Sunday School Teacher(s) in planning and implementing effective Sunday School lessons.
- Lead two Sunday School classes per month.
- 1st – 5th grade, 10:30 a.m.
- Our other Sunday School Teacher(s) will lead the other two Sunday Schools each month.
- Assist the CEC with the planning and implementation of special Sunday School events throughout the year (eg. Christmas pageant, worship for Youth Sunday, etc.).
- Coordinate and/or create communications and advertising for Sunday School related events for emails and the church’s newsletter, web page, and social media.
- Interact with kids and youth within the church and local community in ways that reflect the love of Jesus Christ.
- Attend CEC meetings as requested.
This position reports to the Christian Education Commission (CEC), and works in partnership with the Sunday School Teacher(s). All employed positions are supported by the Personnel Committee and work under the guidance of, and partnership with, the pastor.
- Background in education and/or previous work with children preferred .
- This is a salaried position that will average 10 hours per week during our program year of September – June (or date of hire through June), with July and August off.
- The starting salary for the position is $900 per month.
- Must pass background check and adhere to UPC Child Safety policy.
- Must complete annual NYS Sexual Misconduct training.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to Elder Lesley Bethune-Bates, Clerk of Session and CEC Chair, at [email protected] .