Union Presbyterian Church is looking for a talented person to provide organ/piano music and lead an occasional “Pickup Choir” that will be singing for the worship of Jesus Christ. This is a contracted position that covers Sunday services and special occasions during the regular program year of September 2023 through June, 2024
- Provide self-selected Prelude and Postlude music for our 10:30 a.m. Sunday services.
- Play selected hymns, supplied by the pastor, for our 10:30 a.m. Sunday services.
- Play self-selected music on Communion Sundays, while Communion is served.
- Play for our Christmas Eve and Holy week services.
- Lead an occasional song with a “pick-up” choir, comprised of one-time volunteer singers, during our 10:30am Sunday service. This could include adults and/or children. No more than two rehearsal times would be required for this and would occur approximately quarterly, and for some special occasions.
Our church is currently in the process of deciding what kind of permanent leadership we want for our worship music. We have decided to contract with an organist for the coming program year, so we can have live music while we discern this. In the event that we choose to have an organist in this role, the contracted organist would be considered for this permanent role, however is under no obligation to accept it.
Financial compensation for this contracted position is $7,500 , and includes Sundays from September through June and special services for Christmas Eve and Holy Week.
This position would also have rights of first refusal for any weddings, funerals, or memorial services held in the church, should the families request an organist.
Must pass background check and adhere to UPC Child Safety Policy
To apply, please send resume to Elder Lesley Bethune-Bates, Clerk of Session and Chair of the Minister of Music committee, at: [email protected]