Position Summary: The Director of Christian Education helps develop a Christian Education program that engages persons of all ages in spiritual growth and learning. The person who fills this position will support existing education programs as well as help develop new learning opportunities.
- A strong and growing faith in Jesus Christ.
- A basic understanding of the Reformed tradition, as well as a basic knowledge of faith development.
- Knowledge of Christian Education resources, and willingness to expand that knowledge.
- Ability to be available Sunday mornings and to meet with the Education Team and other meetings as needed. Flexibility is a key asset.
- Build healthy relationships with the youth and their families.
- Demonstrated ability to lead others (especially with the gifts of encouragement and empowerment).
- Ability to work well with other staff members and the congregation.
- Demonstrated strong organizational and communication skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or equivalent experience and training is preferred.
PROGRAM AREA RESPONSIBILITIES:
A primary responsibility is to help develop, nurture, empower and encourage people in Christian Education leadership roles. These roles include Church School teachers, Youth Group leaders, Puppet Ministry leaders, and others involved in special events. This position will provide both training and resources to ensure a quality Christian Education program for all ages.
A second area of responsibility is program development to ensure quality spiritual growth opportunities for all ages. The Director will bring a vision, new ideas, information, and resources to allow the Christian Education program to evolve and meet the needs of the congregation.
- Actively participate in the monthly meetings of the Christian Education Team, providing regular reports and evaluation of activities.
- Maintain regular communication with all who are in Christian Education leadership roles, regarding the yearly calendar and the education goals.
- Maintain regular communication with the congregation identifying Christian Education opportunities and events, utilizing announcements, email, social media, the church newsletter, and worship bulletins.
- Be responsible for recruiting, training, and communicating with adult volunteers for Church School and other Christian Education events.
- Provide parents with electronic Church School lessons each week.
- Schedule in-office hours to allow for staff meetings, bulletin board development, cleaning/organizing Christian Education office and classrooms, and program planning.
- Coordinate regularly with the Pastor and the chair of the Christian Education Committee concerning education goals and programs.
- Contribute to budget planning for the Christian Education program and ensure that yearly expenses are consistent with the budget.
- Work with the chair of the Christian Education Team to develop the annual report to the congregation.
Accountability: The Director of Christian Education is accountable to the Session through its Personnel Team. A review of the ministry will be conducted annually by the Personnel Team, with input from the Pastor, the Christian Education Team, and others in the church who are familiar with the Christian Education program.
Hours: This is a part-time, hourly, non-exempt position
Contact: Head of Staff, Donna Hickling, [email protected]
First Presbyterian Church of Honeoye Falls
27 N Main Street; Honeoye Falls, NY 14472
A full position description is available on indeed.com – https://www.indeed.com/job/christian-education-director-f7667bbdd018e5e4