The PC(USA) partnered with the Viewpoint project—viewpointproject.com—producer of high-quality social and educational documentaries for public television with the mission of positively impacting our communities and the world to produce and share a short video documentary. Our educational segment focuses on the denomination’s Matthew 25 commitment to creating healthy, just communities and a radically inclusive world.
In May, households across the U.S. can view the PCUSA segment via their local public broadcasting station. Your local PBS station will have the opportunity to show this documentary between broadcasts. A shorter version of the segment will also air across a myriad of cable networks like CNN and HLN.
Visit pcusa.org/viewpoint to check out the videos, learn more about the program and get some tips on how to prepare your congregation.
For quick access, here are the two videos for your viewing and awareness:
- Full Viewpoint Video (6:35)
- Viewpoint Commercial Spot (:30)
NOTES FROM PCUSA:
Share and make aware!
It is always important to be welcoming as we extend the hospitality of Jesus. Our hope and goal is that your congregations receive new visitors as a result of this program. Here are some suggested ways to prepare:
- Post an announcement on your website, newsletter or social media page.
- Include the 30-second video to curate interest.
Tips for your congregations:
- Make an announcement during service and meetings and include it in the bulletins and agendas so that all are aware of the video documentary and potential increase in visitors.
- Update all social media and webpages with easy-to-find addresses and contact information.
- Review and update external and internal signage.
- Review your hospitality preparations and ways to welcome visitors.