Opening Doors to Discipleship is a series of three courses in the Presbyterian/Reformed tradition to help teachers and leaders equip themselves to be faithful teachers and leaders.
Once you register with this site, you will have access to all three courses. The three courses are:
- Teaching Skills,
- Bible Background,
- Presbyterian/Reformed Faith (to be released Fall, 2008).
Each course has 12 sessions which should, ideally, be done with a Learning Group from your own congregation.
The courses address questions like these:
- How can I tell a story and use activities in such a gripping way that my students long to be disciples of Christ?
- How can I communicate the broad sweep of biblical stories so that learners yearn to enter them?
- How can I speak with passion and enthusiasm about the particular “flavor” of Christianity which we identify as Presbyterian/Reformed?
- The Cumberland Presbyterian Church
- The Moravian Church in America
- Presbyterian Church (USA)
- The Presbyterian Church in Canada
- The Reformed Church in America