At the heart of stewardship ministry is spiritual discipleship and participation in the mission of Christ through the Church. The committee promotes understanding of the mission of the PCUSA and inspires generosity among the presbytery’s members and congregations. Meets 2nd Monday, 10:30am @ Presbytery Office.
At the heart of stewardship ministry is spiritual discipleship and participation in the mission of Christ through the Church. Recognizing that stewardship ministry must include communication and mission interpretation, the purpose of the committee is to promote understanding of the mission of the PCUSA and to inspire generosity among the presbytery’s members and congregations.
The Stewardship Development and Interpretation Committee shall:
- Develop and implement a program of direct contact with sessions, congregational committees, and members to learn and dialogue about Presbyterian Church (USA) per capita and mission funding.
- Develop and implement an effective system for receiving financial commitments from congregations for PCUSA shared mission funding.
- Provide a variety of mission interpretation resources, tools, and opportunities for congregations in order to build greater awareness of the connectional church.
Rev. Jeanine Haven
Rev. Michael Fry
Rev. Amy Williams Fowler
Stewardship Resources in Our Resource Center
GA Per Capita Tool Links
- What does $6.50 buy?
- Why is Per Capita important?
- General Assembly Per Capita FAQ
- General Assembly 2009 Per Capita brochure (pdf)