Oversees presbytery personnel, develops staff position descriptions, develops and reviews personnel policies. Meets 3rd Monday Noon @ Presbytery Office.
Membership: 6. The General Presbyter is an ex-officio member, without vote.
The Presbytery’s Personnel Committee exists to help the Presbytery support and develop the people who serve it. This committee may act as a whole, by delegation, or by the use of ministry teams.
This committee shall oversee personnel employed by Presbytery, their development, staff position descriptions, and staffing levels. These responsibilities include:
- Maintaining an employee handbook.
- Developing position descriptions for all positions.
- Ensuring annual performance reviews for all employees of Presbytery.
- Establishing support staff positions needed for the efficient functioning of Presbytery.
- Assisting the Co-Presbyters in the selection, retention and termination of non-exempt Presbytery employees
- Recommending to the Administration Committee annual compensation packages for employees of Presbytery and the Stated Clerk.
- Maintaining open communications with employees on matters concerning their welfare and the employer’s interests.
- Supporting the work of the Co-Presbyter for Congregational Vitality and the Co-Presbyter for Pastoral Vitality.
- Establishing a process for the annual and end-of-term reviews of the Stated Clerk and the Treasurer.
- Establishing a process for the five year reviews of the Co-Presbyters.
In connection with the responsibilities enumerated above, this committee shall recommend appropriate changes to Presbytery policies.
Barb Bruins – Co-Chair
Rev. Ray Lindquist
Rose Peet – Co-Chair
Rev. Catherine Benjamin
Rev. Harriet McConnochie
Rev. Amy Williams Fowler