Provides opportunities for clergy and CLPs to further their spiritual and professional development and to stimulate theological reflection and dialogue, advocates for and works with members of the Benefits Plan regarding Board of Pensions and benefits issues, and promotes clergy well-being by providing arenas for fellowship, mutual support, and creative interaction. Meets 2nd Wednesday at 12:15pm at the Presbytery Office.
The Clergy Care and Development Committee shall:
- Provide opportunities for clergy and commissioned lay pastors to further their spiritual and professional development.
- Identify and promote pastoral care opportunities to clergy and lay pastors, their families and survivors.
- Sponsor events to stimulate theological reflection and dialogue for clergy and lay pastors.
- Identify opportunities for continuing education and sabbaticals and provide resources to enable pastors to use them effectively.
- Advocate for and work with members of the Benefits Plan regarding Board of Pensions and benefits issues, salary concerns, and other matters regarding personnel issues.
- Promote clergy wellbeing by providing arenas for fellowship, mutual support, and creative interaction among clergy and lay pastors.
- Celebrate and encourage clergy in specialized ministries.
- Implement a plan for assimilation of new clergy and lay pastors into the life of the Presbytery.
- Board of Pensions Local contact: Rev. Amy Williams Fowler
Clergy Care and Development Committee, along with the Commitee on Ministry and Committee on Preparation for Ministry, has additional responsibilities as outlined in the Candidate Indebtedness Policy of our Policies and Procedures Manual.
Rev. Carrie Mitchell – Chair
Rev. Ronald Sumption
Rev. Tom Taylor
Rev. Carolyn Grohman
Rev. Harry Heintz
Rev. Jack Heister
Rev. Deborah Swift
Rev. Jane Watt
Rev. Amy Williams Fowler
This is an e-mail list of clergy and CLPs who voluntarily choose to subscribe. The purpose of this list is to foster voluntary discussion of issues of interest to people on the list. Replies to postings will go to the entire group to allow a group discussion. There are currently 21 people on the list. Contact Program Secretary Cheryl to be added to this group.
- I’m thinking of trying … for confirmation. Has anyone tried that?
- I was reading the Bible today and had this tremendous insight that I would like to share with you…
This is an e-mail list of ALL clergy and CLPs. The primary purpose of the list is to foster communication among clergy and CLPs peers. Replies to postings will go directly to the individual initiating a message and not to the entire list. This list is not intended to be a discussion group, but a means of communicating information of interest to the group.
- I am planning on going to… event. Would anyone like to car pool?
- Our church just built an outdoor labyrinth and I wanted to let you all know that any group or individual is welcome to come use it at any time.
This is an e-mail list of clergy and CLPs serving congregations as pastors. If you are a minister or a CLP in the Presbytery of Genesee Valley who is serving a church, you are automatically part of the list. Replies to postings will go directly to the individual initiating a message and not to the entire list. This list is not intended to be a discussion group, but a means of communicating information of interest to the group.
- Two other pastors and I get together every month and bring cases from our ministries for peer review and support. We are looking for a fourth. Anyone game?
- Our church is looking for another small church which might be interested in forming a combined youth group. Anyone interested?
We hope you will take advantage of these opportunities to communicate with your peers.
I hope you had a blessed and joyful Easter. The Clergy Book Club has decided on the books we will be reading and discussing through the rest of the year. As it was a challenge for some to read a book every month, we have decided to meet every other month going forward.
Please note the dates and books we will be discussing listed below. I have also included links to the Amazon site for you to learn more about the books. We meet at the Avon Central Church at 1:00. I hope to see you there. 🙂 .
As always, you are welcome to come whenever you have the time, or are interested in a particular book. This group is intended to be fluid so please do not feel you have to commit to coming every time.
July 21st– Executing God: Rethinking Everything You’ve Been Taught about Salvation and the Cross by Sharon L. Baker
September 22nd– Grounded: Finding God in the World- A Spiritual Revolution by Diana Butler Bass
November 17th– Incarnation: The Surprising Overlap Between Heaven and Earth by William Willimon
Peace to You All,
Rev. Brandi Wooten
First Presbyterian Church
3600 Chili Ave
Rochester NY. 16424
EXTRA LINKS: We encourage colleagues to take advantage of the wonderful continuing education opportunities right here in the Rochester area.