- Can you spare one morning or afternoon a week?
- Or a few hours one day a week?
- Or maybe some time every other week?
- Bring a friend with you to help. Your friend doesn’t even have to be a Presbyterian!
The Presbytery Office needs some help with answering telephones, greeting visitors, making copies, helping with projects, etc. We’re a nice group of people. We work hard, but we also enjoy working together!
Come be a part of our team!
Contact Cheryl (103) or Beth (104) at the PGV office (585-242-0080)
- Volunteer therapists, psychiatrists, and nurse practitioners. Volunteer hours are flexible, so you can see as many or as few clients as suits your schedule. Paperwork is minimal, freeing you to do what you love: help motivated individuals to meet their mental health needs.
- Volunteer shopkeepers needed at New Unto Others home furnishings consignment shop. They offer beautiful, well-tended furniture, rugs, artwork, and other home furnishings. If you’d enjoy surrounding yourself with beauty, getting to know like-minded volunteers, and helping out a good cause, this is a great opportunity. Retail experience is helpful but not necessary. The shop is staffed entirely by volunteers. It is located at 141 State Street in Rochester. All proceeds benefit Spiritus Christi Mental Health Center.
SCMHC is an ecumenical agency supported by the Presbytery of Genesee Valley. We offer mental health care and peer support free of charge to those in Greater Rochester who are uninsured or cannot afford the required co-payment for needed services. For more information, contact Maureen Marlow, 585.325.1180, ext. 114.