Three committees of our Presbytery are collaborating in the creation of a new “Triple-Play” grant process for congregations to apply in 2012 to receive funds in 2013.
The three committees collaborating are:
- Congregational Development Committee—committed to congregational health and transformation
- Mission and Advocacy Committee—partners with community agencies and programs that reflect our churches’ commitment to peace, justice, and love in action
- Resource and Education Committee—supports congregational leadership through education and training
- congregational health,
- community mission & advocacy, and
- leadership training
are combined in a single project.
What we envision are projects that
- aim to improve the worship/program/outreach health of congregations,
- give visibility to congregational involvement in contributing to systemic change for a healthier community, and
- that train leadership for engagement in this new effort.
Grants are available in the range of $10,000 to $40,000 per project, spread over three to five years, beginning in 2013 for a group of congregations in partnership with a community agency or program.
The deadline for the application is Monday, April 30, 2012.
Who may apply?
A partnership of at least two Presbyterian Church (USA) congregations and at least one community agency or program.
An ecumenical group of congregations may apply, but at least two of the participating congregations must be Presbyterian Church (USA).
See the grant application for more details.