Companions on the Way
“The church, then… must be above all a school of love. If it’s not that, it’s nothing. Its goal is not simply to pump knowledge into people, but to train them in the ‘way of love,’ so they may do the ‘work of the Lord,’ empowered by the Holy Spirit, as the embodiment of Christ.”
~ Brian McLaren, “A New Kind of Christianity
Who is this group for?
- Those who would normally never step foot in a church, and those who happily do every Sunday (and all those in between)
- The spiritual, the religious, and the undecided
- The deeply churched, the un-churched, the poorly churched, and the church-wounded
- Believers, Doubters, Questioners, Seekers, Explorers, and Pilgrims
- Those who desire a more intentional spiritual walk in their lives
- Those who want to worship with others, not just next to them
- All are welcome!!
What does this group do?
Companions on the Way is a gathering of people who want to live church as a “school of love”. Inspired by Celtic New-Monasticism and grounded in the Reformed tradition, we gather to explore our personal spirituality, in community – through self-reflection, and learning about and practicing our skills for loving relationship, according to the teachings of Jesus.
“A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”
~ John 13:34-35 (NIV)
We meet each Sunday
Companions on the Way CotW is Moving!
Read: Seeking Companions on the Way: New Worshiping Community Models how to be in Relationship as They Think Jesus Did.
(See our online calendar for which lodge: http://companionsontheway.org/calendar/)
5:00pm Potluck Supper (optional)
6:00pm Worship and Sharing (also optional)