Presbyter for Mission and Education
1190 Winton Rd S
Rochester, NY 14618-2244 [ map ]
The Resource Center is always open for self-service when the Presbytery Office is open.
You may return items 24-hours-a-day using the drop-box in the door facing Winton Rd.
Resource Center Mission
Under the guidance of the Resource & Education Committee, the Resource Center supports, equips and encourages the mission and ministry of the congregations in the Presbytery.
As a partner in ministry, the Center offers a wide variety of materials to be borrowed free of charge, and services of personal assistance, research and guidance.
Who Can Use the Resource Center?
- Youth Leaders
- Church School Teachers
- Elders and Deacons
- Committee Chairs
- Worship Leaders
- Adult Ed Leaders
- Parents and Children
- And You!
What Can You Do at the Resource Center?
- Study materials
- Consult with staff about resource needs
- Preview video possibilities
- Borrow Resources
- Participate in occasional training opportunities
- Visit with a committee from your congregation
What Will You Find at the Resource Center?
- Curriculum – http://www.presbyterianmission.org/ministries/growinggracegratitude/ and http://www.pcusa.org/news/2015/3/30/introducing-new-pcusa-childrens-curriculum/
- Group Videos/DVDs
- Computer Projector
- Digital Camcorder
- Badge-a-Minit (badge-maker)
- Labyrinths, spirituality stations, and other worship material
What’s On Our Shelves at the Resource Center?
- Bible and Theology
- Education and Nurture
- Redevelopment and Evangelism
- Leadership Training
- Church Seasons
- Teacher Training
- Youth Activities
- Social Issues
Fresh Picks in the Resource Center
The Parish Paper: Ideas and Insights for Active Congregations
Stay Tuned …. More to Come!
You don’t have to wait for an overdue notice. We’d like to see you a little more often than this!
You may return items 24-hours-a-day using the drop-box in the door at the end of the building facing Winton Rd.
Using the Resource Center
- Come in person (we’re on the second floor of the Presbytery Office)
- Call, write or email to request resources to be mailed
- Please reserve material as far in advance as your planning allows
- Borrow any number of resources for up to three weeks
- Visit the Resource Table at Stated Meetings and special events of the Presbytery to borrow display materials, pick-up resources or return borrowed resources
- Lending is open to all interested individuals or organizations. There is no usage fee charged for borrowing resources.
- All materials, excluding equipment, are due three weeks from when they are borrowed. If you intend to use the material for an extended time, please reflect this information on the sign-out card. If possible, give a specific time when you expect to return the material.
- If resources become more than six weeks overdue, you will be sent a postcard to remind you to return the overdue resources. If a resource has been lost, please contact the Resource Center immediately. If resources are lost or not returned after several reminders have been sent, you will be billed for their replacement.
- If you wish to pass along a resource, contact the Resource Center first! Remember, resources checked out in your name are your responsibility.
- If you plan on making a donation of new or used books, kindly consult with the coordinator prior to the purchase or delivery of materials.
- If you are interested in purchasing a resource for personal use, please call or email the Resource Center for purchasing information.
- If you wish a resource to be shipped to you, you will not be charged shipping and/or handling. Borrowers are always responsible, however, for the cost of return shipping.
- Printable version of Lending Policy
Policies Governing Use of Audio-Visual Equipment
- Audio-visual equipment is available in the Resource Center at the Presbytery office for use by the churches and all units of the Presbytery. Wide use of this equipment is encouraged.
- A responsible adult should check out all equipment and accessories. The procedure includes adequate training in use, filling out the appropriate form (noting all equipment taken and dates of borrowing, use and expected return) and the signing of an agreement, accepting full responsibility for the equipment.
- Equipment should be returned promptly according to the arrangements made in advance.
- Borrower should use the enclosed checklist to be sure all parts of the equipment is being returned.
- The borrower is responsible for repair or replacement cost resulting from damage or loss of equipment while away from the Presbytery office.
- Equipment should be carried-on (not checked) on when traveling by air, train or bus.
- Please call the Resource Center to reserve your equipment needs as soon as they become known to you.
- All equipment must be picked up and dropped off in person according to the agreed lending time.
- A release agreement must be signed before borrowing equipment.
- Printable version of Equipment Policy
If you plan on making a donation of new or used books, kindly consult with the coordinator prior to the purchase or delivery of materials.